I found, I draw, digging workshop
The objectives are two folds.
1. Adults can learn to create simple clay reliefs sculptures.
2. Children can learn about cave paintings and developed interests and ideas of art, history and archeology, through play and drawings
This workshop is in 2 sessions and are created for parents with children.
Session 1:(Parents to do)
Parents can follow the first sessions to make clay medallions(reliefs) of figures drawn from Southeast Asia cave paintings by the instructor.
Session 2:(Children to do with parents’ assistance)
When the clay medallions are created by the parents, they can guide their children to create frottages*.(Videos 3)
*Frottages are pencil rubbings over the relief sculptures(Clay medallions) to create drawings.
- Print out the Template for cutting figures to make clay medallions.
- Cut the figures out
- Follow Video 1 to prepare the clay
- Follow Video 2 to make the clay medallions
- Follow Video 3 to prepare the ‘soil'(used ground coffee powder) and place the clay medallions inside the try for children to play ‘little archeologists’.
- Print out the activity book and prepare the drawing papers and pencils on standby.
- Get the child to ‘find the clay medallions’, still following Video 3
- Do the frottages with the children and paste them into the activity books.
Donation to this workshop(sculpture)
You can make a donation to this workshop. Thank you!