I harvested Edamame and cooked a vegetarian dish with mushrooms and French beans. I cooked the edamame first by steaming the peas in the rice cooker together with cooking the rice so I could save on time and energy rather then having to cook them separately.
Edamame has small white flowers. The 2 outermost symmetrical largest petals resembles ear shapes, the texture feels tissue like.
Earlier I wrote that I had 3 plants. And on one of them, 2 Tussock Moth Caterpillars were found residing under the leaves. They ate up almost all the leaves on the plant!
Edamame have tough pods. The pods have hairy textures and there is a thin membrane protecting the beans. My plants were rather small, planted in pots so it didn’t produce too much pods.
Stir-fry Edamane with mushrooms and French beans
Edamane beans (Boiled or steamed) To conserve energy and time, cook it with rice in rice cooker.
10 to 15 pieces Fresh shiitake mushrooms
A packet of French beans
2 bulbs of garlic
1 big red chilli
1. Dice garlic and chilli
2. Wash and slice fresh shiitake mushrooms
3. Wash and cut French beans, 3 cm long
4. Heat the wok with oil
5. Stir-fry the garlic and chilli, then add the French beans
6. Add in mushrooms while French beans are soften.
7. Let it simmer for 5 mins
7. Add in Edamane beans
8. Add seasonings, salt, white pepper, vegetarian oyster sauce, sugar and some water.
9. Let it simmer for 5 mins and serve with white rice.